- 500 grams chicken bone-in
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste ground or crushed in equal quantities 3⁄4 to 1 teaspoon garam masala or korma masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder less spicy variety, minimum 1⁄2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
To saute & blend
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 cup onion 2 medium
- 6 cashews
- 4 almonds or substitute with cashews 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or coconut milk
For chicken korma gravy
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small bay leaf optional 4 cloves (optional)
- 2- inch cinnamon optional
- 1 cardamom optional
- 1 to 2 green chilies optional
- 1/2 cup water more if needed
- 1/4 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder optional, for color
- 3 tbsp coriander cilantro chopped
- To the same pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat it.
- Optional – Saute whole spices – bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom in oil for a min.
- Add green chilli and marinated chicken. Saute on a medium heat until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes away and this takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then add the onion nut puree. Pour 1⁄2 cup water and mix well.
- Add salt, coriander powder and garam masala. If needed you can also add more chili powder for color.
- Mix well. Cover and cook on a low flame until chicken is cooked to tender.
- Cook further till the gravy reaches a desired consistency. If it is too thick then pour some hot water to bring it to consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve chicken korma with jeera rice, plain basmati rice, butter naan, roti or paratha. NUTRITION (estimation only)